Saturday, September 10, 2011

Crafty Things

I have been working on a few different things. 
But my work space is low. Typically only the 12x12 space on the corner of my computer desk.
My sewing machine needs a belt we can 't find. The only other sewing machine I have access too is at my Grandmother's house.
The rain and other weather has made it impossible for me to paint the furniture I want to paint.


I figured I would post a few things I have finished, though I am not to happy with them.

My rag wreath didn't turn out. She is very thin and not very attractive. But I do love her flowers <3
The other was for Herbert. She wanted a autumn wreath and its not that but she likes it and that makes me happy. I like it too, didn't turn out the way I imagined but I will be making another for myself and will post a tutorial.



Since my work space is so small when I have it I have been making jewelry a lot. here are just 2 I have finished. I have a few more and will get pictures later.


 This ribbon and pearl necklace was a pain. But I finished it and I really need to get a beading needle that will work correctly because I am not making this again the way I did this one. I do love it though!


Everyone has seen, owns, or made these birds nests. I have made them for years and sold them at craft shows. This one was a surprise for Miss. Herbert. One little fresh water pearl for The Boy. She loved it <3
I gave it to her the day before I had one of those days, with her belated birthday gift and card. (She is wearing it in the picture of her and the donkey dog.

Like I said I have a few other necklaces and charms to take pictures of. I have been working on some cards too. My relationship with my cricut has turned into a love hate one. Sometimes I want to throw him and sometimes I want to hug him.
No craft day with Herbert this week sadly, I am watching the Boy tomorrow so hopefully when she gets home we might have an hour or two. The Boy started his first day of school on Tuesday and I wanted to be there but we were on our way to Pittsburgh.

Its been raining all week, floods are everywhere. Hersey Park is underwater. They just closed roads around home here. Thankfully my family hasn't had any flooding this time around. Grandma's basement is still damp from the other week. ):
Weather is crazy sometimes. Texas and other places out west are having bad fires because its do dry and we are almost drowning here on the east coast. Just down the road from me a friend of my sisters was saying he was watching things float down the road.
Hope everyone is safe if you are having the rain or fires!

- Brit

Oh, P.S. Herbert has some things for sale online if anyone is interested. She makes felties and jewelry.
MEANT4YOU on Etsy or Ebay.

1 comment: