Monday, September 12, 2011

Home: Bathroom Ideas

So with moving on the horizon, if everything goes to plan it will be next Monday, I have had ideas and things running though my mind. Normally I would print pictures out and stick them in a notebook with clippings from magazines and paint chips. My printer isn't set up so I have hundreds of bookmarks. Though I am a member of pinterest it came along to late, like 2 days ago. I am swimming in bookmarks and notes but I need to lay out what I want and see it together before I decide.

The bathroom was pretty fast and simple. I always hated going into a store and seeing the collections for rooms. I like unique things and I feel these do the job for people. Granted some people might not like to do things like that or just can't. But I like too so I never found a bathroom set I liked.
Well, I found one. At target, of course. <3 So my bathroom as in design and colors is done. It was like fate, I had been talking to my mom as we were walking telling her my ideas for when we finally found a place. Every other room I wanted to be kinda rustic and neutral. But I wanted fun for the bathroom. Not like cartoons on the wall and paint splatters. Fun colors on a neutral backing.
"Like that?" she pointed down the aisle she was standing at the top of. I had been looking at the solid color towels. I almost screamed with joy when I looked at it. Perfect!

Thank you olioboard, for being an AWESOME tool!

I love this collection, I really do and its exactly what I wanted for the bathroom. The colors are not crazy like florescent or anything but its fun and adult kinda at the same time. Its me :)
However now that we have a house picked out and are just waiting for the relitor's response if we have it or not, I look at the bathroom in the house and feel like this collection will be to much.

Its small and of course we pick the only house we looked at that doesn't have a tub/shower. But I have plans for the shower curtains. So many stripes in this small room might make someone go a little crazy, I think I know how I will fix this.

The rug stays, period. I love that rug and the other option they have with the set isn't an option to me.
I mean maybe, I will have to look at the set together in the store again before I purchase. I just wish all the colors were in those poka-dots. As much as I love the stripped rug it might be a little much under the striped curtain. I do plan on getting both and switching out now and then.

Striped towels out while the tree curtain is up. When I have the striped curtain up I will have solid towels out. I think it sounds like a plan. The trash can of course will not change and the toothbrush holder, at this point I don't know if we will get. I know the soap dish I will probably not purchase. I have plans for my own soap holder.

Once I look at the bathroom in person again and go to purchase the set I will decide, and or course share the bathroom when finished.
Would anyone else pick this for the only bathroom in the house? I know it would probably be picked for a kids bathroom, but I really enjoy it.

And this jar will sit somewhere in that room!


And I did find 2 color pallets over at Design seeds that almost go.

The pepper hues I love just by itself. They are a little darker then the bathroom set and missing the blue of course but its a beautiful pallet to look at. I think this would look lovely in a kitchen with the warm colors. Still bright pops if you did everything in the 2 brown tones.

This is almost spot on, but of course you are missing the green here. These would be fun for a vintage nursery or even a bathroom. Actually I would use this in any room, but I love those blocks. Nursery was my first thought when I saw this. Its a beautiful blend of colors.

And I feel this is the best one that matches the collection. Just tweak that first green-ish tone to a yellow and its perfect.
Luckily if I ever need paint I will just be able to take something with me to get a match. Which is nice I must add. :)


What does your bathroom look like?

- Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment