Sunday, September 11, 2011

Do you remember?

I sit here an hour till midnight posting this because everyone has said it. Its been on every media today and we have watch, listened, and read it today.
I don't want to talk long about it just a short on how I feel.


I remember where I sat 10 years ago when the first plane hit.
I remember the exact seat and room.

I was 12, just cleaning up from math. Laughing, talking and waiting for the bell to ring to release us out for our next period. A kid (9th grader) ran into the room and told Mr. Sullivan to turn on the TV a helicopter hit a building in New York. He did and we watched the smoke poor out of the Tower. We sat and listened in silence as we found out it was a plane, a passenger plane, hit the North Tower of the world trade center.
Most 7th graders at that time didn't know that the World Trade centers were.. but we knew people were working in that building, we knew people were on that plane, we knew something was wrong.
We watched the second plane hit the other tower, the bell rang. I remember every teacher standing in the hallway that day, having to push the kids to their next class.

Mrs. Lang didn't have her TV on. We talked a little about what we saw, did a journal entry, and then did the normal work for the day. We didn't know the pentagon had been hit until our next class. I am my classmate had sat down in our 3rd period class to look up at the TV and see a 4th plane had crashed in Somerset. We all knew that was an hour from us, most of us had been there many times.

The rest of the day was discussions and tv. Maybe not the best thing for kids that age, a lot of parents were angry. But when I look at it now, I am happy they did. Not happy that I saw some of those images as they happened. The Towers falling, the horror in peoples eyes, the people jumping to escape the building, everything we saw that day. But happy because, because of those images I know I will never forget where I was. What happened that day and how strong we grew together that day.

I don't like the images, I don't like to sit and think about everything, but we need to. We need to never forget and we need to remember all those people that day.

Pay the respect where it is do. Just remember and send your wishes for those family's who were affected. Who still are.
Remember the impact of the events that unfolded this day ten years ago.
Remember the people who still are fighting this day for our Freedom we could have lost.
Remember those lost.
Remember the man and women who risked and lost their lives to save others.


Do you remember where you were ten years ago today?

-Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment