Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Twelve Days Of Christmas Cookies


Welcome! Since I started this blog this is something I dreamed of doing. I grew up in the kitchen with my Grandmother. Its something I just loved to do and its some of my best memories. Her always telling me I ate more cookie dough then actually cookies, even pie dough too. She still laughs when I eye and steal some dough while I walk by.
My favorite time always being Christmas. My sister and I would sit in front of the snack bar, help roll and cut the cookies. Then sit and shake with anticipation as they baked. Asking her if they were done yet every 5 minutes like she could do anything to make them bake faster. We got bored by the time she pulled them out to cool, but always came running when she called us to decorate. My sister loved to icing the sugar cookies more. Whipped egg white, sprinkles, and Grandma's amazing sand tarts were always my tools of choice.
We always made the same cookies every year. Every few years she would try a new recipe, it would always be the last one eaten though. I think one only ever stuck... Over the years my favorite things she baked changed as I got older. From sugar cookies and sand tarts, to my Pap's favorite Cinn-Cookies, Blossoms, and more. I think I have finally settled on her Pecan Pinwheels now. Its what I missed so much and craved while in Japan. When that Christmas box arrived I always snatched them from the Hubby when he dove into the box.

But I love to bake more then just my Grandma's great recipes. I love trying new things and there are SO many great sounding cookies out there. This is a chance for me to try some and share, along with share some of my old favorites. Everyday until the 23rd I am going to share a cookie recipe. They might be drops, rolls, or bars but they are still those sweet goodies everyone jumps about this time of year. Please stick around and enjoy!

- Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment