Monday, November 21, 2011

Living Room Wall {Part 1}

I was going to put up a few posts last week but I never got to. ): I have been working everyday for the past 13 days and its just wearing me down. 2 days left then I have a 4 day weekend and we are going home for Thanksgiving dinner at my Grandmothers.

I really wish it wasn't 2 days away...

Anyway. When we moved into the house I really wanted to put a gallery wall up. But I didn't know exactly how I wanted to do it. I have so many pictures its crazy. 2 Rubbermaid totes, the big ones you like pack cloths and holiday decor into, yea. Full of pictures.. a fourth of them are from when I was younger and really didn't know how to shoot a camera properly. School field trips and such. But I did know I wanted my close family on the wall. Sadly getting photos of my aunts, uncles, and parents is not an easy task. So its just cousins and others like the Boy and my puppy-niece. Of course my "kids" I wanted up their too.
The fun part was digging though all our boxes to find my frames. Once I found them all I tried making a layout of how I wanted them on the wall, on the floor. Here came my problem and one of my famous cursing storms. I NEED to see the frames on the wall before I know if that is how I wanted it. And since I didn't have enough command hooks and hangers I grabbed some nails and got to work.


I took a picture of the wall after I had everything up and took it back down. You can see my chalk and pencil lines on the wall. I got fed up with using the chalk line myself and just grabbed a pencil..
I knew where I wanted to start and went from there. Adding frames around others. I also knew I didn't want it to go from wall to wall so I made sure I was even on both sides.
A small problem I had it this is an older house and the wall is a little curved. Just on the one side, luckily the house is sound and its not a problem. Other then I couldn't hang what I wanted where I wanted it because of the curve. {insert another cursing storm} I was very upset but I moved on and switched some things around.
Once I had everything where I liked it, I pulled it all down and starting taking all the glass out to prep the frames for a good painting. You can see them all laying on the couch up there. :)


Placed a sheet of moving paper out and laid the frames out. Then hit them with primer. Some of them really didn't need it but I wanted to be safe. Mainly I wanted to get the black ones since my color was light. There was already a sneak peak of the color and the wall itself in my fall decorating post.

All went well other then one opps.
If you are going to start hanging frames on a wall. Maybe take the glass out first and just hang the frame. 
Might save a life.
):

Frame is still usable though and it is getting used in an upcoming project.
I have already started making some Christmas decorations. I maybe will have a few up here next week. 
Working on something with an old window. 

Will see you later this week!


- Brit

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see it finished Brittany
    Enjoy your days off and especially enjoy your time with family.

    ReplyDelete