Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mini Vacation and more thrift finds

At the end of this week the hubby and I are house sitting/dog sitting for his mother and her husband. We are a little more then excited for this for a few reasons... They live in the middle of nowhere pretty much, on top of the mountain to boot. We will be out of my parents basement for the first time in almost a year even if it is just for a week. Mud, Four-wheeler, forest, sitting around the fire, smores, mountain pies, need I say more? Its a "vacation" for us.
Why am I so excited for this? Because this week is the hubby's last week of work before we move. So its just him and I, one of our dogs, and their 2 dogs. Hubby promised we would work on some stuff since we will have the space there. So the back of my SUV will be packed full with the stuff I have not been able to refinish because of the rain and no space. I am excited to get some things done!
Here are some of my other finds from the past couple weeks...



I love butterfly tables, and when I saw this one and 2 chairs for 10 bucks at the salvation army I had a hard time not walking away from it. Its just big enough for the two of us and its just what we need moving into an apartment which we don't know what room we will have inside. Its needs A LOT of TLC but I have some big plans for her. Those chairs are going to get a big lift ;)


The same day I got this guy. He is a little large but I am excited to refinish him. When we were unloading him I found a little surprise that I am sad but happy about.


Found these the same day as the above items only at Goodwill, not Salvation Army. Nothing really of interest and I almost left without anything. But these two grabbed my eye and I left with them. Syrup jug I was pretty excited to find.



These are my finds from a few weeks ago at Goodwill. Went in to find some mugs for a project and cam out with a little more then just those. I have very little holiday decor, like I said in a previous post. So I looked at the wire rabbit and reindeer in the back for awhile before choosing to buy them. The reindeer is a gross gold with glitter all over it. I will be taking the air compressor to it and blowing that off then painting it a nice silver to match all my Christmas items. Rabbit is alright but he needs a fresh coat of paint since he is scratched in a few many places. The jar mug to the left I knew I "needed" them. I searched the rest of the shelves to find its partners and turned up with 4 all together. Love them and of course I can't forget about the blue mason jar that I jumped for joy when I spotted it! Lastly the star tea lamp. When I was younger my room was done in a celestial theme. Its something magical to me to have a clear dark spot to look up at the stars and actually see them. One of my dismays about moving to the city... I have thought about doing our bed room in more of an adult version with more celestial colors and that, still I don't know. But I grabbed him anyway, I will find him a home.


And here are the mugs I went into Goodwill for that day in the first place. 7 mix matched mugs for an upcoming project. You can see but I am smiling just thinking about it. Also you can see in the back right there a mirror. Its a little wall mirror with a tiny shelf on it. Another find I plan on re finishing.


Lastly from that day I have one plate finds. There were 4 of the clovers but the check out lady dropped one, I was not sad however. I like the odd number of them and I hope to paint all these and the tree for some fun decor.


And to end the post I have my 3 frames I found at Ross with my big white bird. I love these and will be painting them to match once I find a color I like. I love how they are all different but at the same time go together because of the patterns. Can't tell that to much in this picture though.

So farewell tonight everyone in blog world. I hope to have more posts the next few weeks and maybe even start a weekly post. We will see..

- Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment