Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Yard Sale Finds

Saturday my father and I went out early to a few yard sales. I wanted to stay out all day but we were getting ready for our family reunion next weekend and had to head home around 9am. The earliest any yard sales opened was 7am, so we had a 2 hour window. It worked out alright I got a few items and will be heading out with my aunts probably this weekend or 2 weeks from now. I am excited and proud of myself because I pulled out $60, if I needed more $100 was my limit, but I spent way under my budget. 


I love afghan racks.. My mom's is gorgeous and I wish I could snatch it from her. But for now I have my own. :) I really like it, its simple and will fit into my living room well. 
That is if I don't decide to do something different with it.

This guy matches my afghan rack, and to think it was two different people who I bought them from. Same yard sale, different people and they both got them at different places. The hearts are different but who cares? Not me! I don't know if I like the color of these two. They are about the same, table is a little darker, but close.  Paint or Stain? Will have to wait and see..

From the same yard sale again. I have wanted a rack like this for awhile, now I just need to find my dishes I liked again for in it. The bottom right swirl is a little bent, easy enough to fix and she needs a new coat of paint. Then she will be just like new

I see the beauty in her, can you? A little more padding, some new fabric and a paint job. Never better
Last one from our first yard sale.

We stopped at 3 more places before I bought anything else. At our second stop I found an old standing radio. This baby was about a foot and a half shorter then me and still had all its tubes and wiring. The guy didn't know if it worked and I really didn't care if it did. But I fought with myself and left without it. What would I do with it? Marvel at it with googly eyes and use it was a stand, that's what! But *sigh* I left her there. I hope she got a good home...

Our 4th stop didn't have much but I found these pretties. I love their color and the best part, someone made these in a ceramics class. I think they were just painted by the person, not 100% sure. But the lady just asked that I didn't break them for a mosaic or anything. I wouldn't think of it! They will just probably get a paint job. Don't really match anything

I love the detail in the handle. <3

The next stop I found giant Christmas ball jackpot! I wanted them for photo props but the lady wouldn't budge on the price. I don't think she really wanted to sell them. Yes you bought them for 10 a piece and you have 10 there. But you want 5 dollars a piece and will not sell them separately. I am not dropping 50 bucks at a yard sale for giant plastic balls. I will find something else, thanks.
2 more stops, nothing. Tried to find 2 other places but they were not out.

See one of my helpers paws up there! That's our family's black lab, she kept blocking my light. The lady wanted $5 for this, I asked if she would take $3. She did

I love and I mean L.O.V.E. cracked glass. No idea why, probably has something to do with with you put a lit candle in this.. the shadows that are cast on the walls and everything are amazing!

In all, I only spent 18 bucks! Hello happiness! Not any large pieces of furniture, but I got some nice things. I would have taken them outside (excuse the back lighting. I know sorry!) but it was raining off and on. Sun out the whole time but no rainbows.

While I was taking these photos I had 3 helpers.

Soooo I guess I should introduce my brats.

These are my kids. Tal is the oldest, the hubby and I got him while we were dating in high school. Temp we found when were in Japan. She was a stray in Nago city, she ended up staying when we couldn't find a home for her after a year. Both are cuddle love bugs. Tal is half Dachshund/half Jack Russel, Temp is unknown but we believe at least part Shiba and part some type of terrier (rat or jack.)
Those are my Pupalups <3
Hopefully I can get painting again tomorrow since its rained the past two days. I have 3 things all sanded and ready. Maybe a visit to the thrift stores tonight and see what I can find.
- Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment