Sunday, July 24, 2011

Preview of some Thrift Shop finds

I love thrift stores, I just wish I was in a better area for them. So when I find something it is an even better plus for me. So perhaps this move to the city will be good, in that area. But still I hope Monday to head to our only 2 thrift stores in town and find some things to start my latest idea. :)

Anyway I figured I would post a couple of my finds, all in the process of being redone for different purposes. Excuse the awful lighting and pictures, our lighting in the house if overly yellow/orange and for some reason my brand new camera has issues with focusing.





I love this stool. You might say, "Its only a stool" yes but its going to be awesome when I fix it up. I paid $7 bucks for this beauty and let me tell you the time in sanding this paint off her was a night mare. But more on that when she is finished.





I could have swore I have taken a picture of this chair before we painted it. This was just a cheap kitchen chair I found one day at random while out. I didn't really go into the store looking to buy anything when I saw this and knew it would be perfect for pictures. It was sanded and painted in a hurry for a photo-shoot but you and see where it was rushed, so it is under the works of being fixed. She is a bit wobbly and that is the first thing on my list since who knows how many people (mostly children) will be sitting on her in the future. Oh, and of course the shiny-ness HAS to go!





Now this baby was the best thing I have found while thrift shopping. I have wanted a chest for ages, but for 2 different purposes. I of course bought this to store bedding in for the bottom of our bed. Its now going to be home to my jolly collection of photo props and in itself be one when she gets a makeover! I am excited to redo this baby. I am just hoping my ceder will do the trick and pull the nasty smell from her. If anyone has any ideas that might help on that, please let me know. I steamed it and have been letting ceder sit in it as of right now.



Just a sneak peak! I have a rocking chair that in in the process of being redone also. I don't have any pictures of that because I wasn't going to redo her because of the aged paint. But I don't like her color and the backing needs fixed. So she will get a foe aged look after paint. I am so excited about that!
Other news, I will post my yard sale findings from Saturday soon. Along with some other fun stuff coming up! Even though we do not have a place yet I am going to be getting this ready for the holidays. I am in a crafting mood, so look out hubby! :) My big blue tote of pictures needs to be worked on. I have frames and frames to fill. It looks like I might have to head out and do some scrapbook shopping tomorrow.


Thanks!
- Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment